Rewarding Our Student Leaders
The UCR LGBTQIA Student Leadership Scholarships are awarded to undergraduate or graduate students who demonstrate exceptional student leadership in the UCR LGBTQIA community.
A scholarship selection committee comprised of UCR staff, faculty, and students selects up to two scholarship recipients annually. Each receives $500. Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievement, personal merit and their contributions to the LGBTQIA community.
Applicants must be…
- A full-time undergraduate or graduate student at UCR
- In good academic standing (with preference given to applicants with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Be enrolled at least half-time at UCR the following fall quarter
- Be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Extensive involvement with UCR’s LGBTQIA community
- Concern for LGBTQIA issues (issues of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgender persons, queer people of color and general LGBTQIA political issues)
Note: Applicants of any sexual orientation or gender identity are invited to apply.