Rewarding Our Student Leaders
The UCR LGBTQIA Student Leadership Scholarships are awarded to undergraduate or graduate students who demonstrate exceptional student leadership in the UCR LGBTQIA community.
A scholarship selection committee comprised of UCR staff, faculty, and students selects at least one $1,000 scholarship recipient annually. Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievement, personal merit and their contributions to the LGBTQIA community.
Applicants must be…
- A full-time undergraduate or graduate student at UCR
- In good academic standing (with preference given to applicants with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Be enrolled at least half-time at UCR the following summer session or fall quarter
- Be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Extensive involvement with UCR’s LGBTQIA+ community
- Concern for LGBTQIA+ issues (issues of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgender persons, queer people of color and general LGBTQIA political issues)
Note: Applicants of any sexual orientation or gender identity are invited to apply.
- Applications are now open and due by Monday, May 18, 2020, noon, using this online form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/qscholarship2020
- Complete the online application. Note: it includes an essay of at least 750 words.
- A scholarship selection committee of UCR staff, faculty, and students will choose up to two scholarship recipients.
- Awardees will be announced at the end of the academic year.
- Funds will be transferred to the students’ business account(s) for the following summer session or fall quarter.
Questions may be directed to Nancy Tubbs, director of the LGBT Resources Center, at email@example.com or (951) 827-2267.