LGBT Resource Center
Welcome to the LGBT Resource Center
Established in 1993, the LGBT Resource Center provides support, education, and advocacy regarding sexual orientation and gender identity/expression for the UC Riverside community and beyond.
Apply for the $1,000 Dr. Eugene A. Moynier Student Award by November 13th
The Dr. Eugene A. Moynier Student Award recognizes a UCR student whose career goal is in a helping profession (psychotherapist, social worker, teacher, counselor, etc.). A $1,000 scholarship is awarded to a recipient based on the following criteria:
- Applicants may be undergraduate or graduate/professional students enrolled at UC Riverside
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 grade point average on a four-point scale
- Applicants must have demonstrated involvement in volunteer service to marginalized populations
- Applicants must also demonstrate a commitment to LGBT inclusivity
Join the LGBTRC Listservs to Access Online Programs & Support During Fall 2020
The center has moved to online programming and support due to the COIVID-19 campus closure. We are now sharing the details on joining the Zoom only via our center listservs. Now is the time to subscribe to these announcement-only listservs. You can self-subscribe using the web pages below as long as you are using a UCR email address. If you are experiencing difficulty or want to use a non-UCR email, please contact Megan, Toi, or Nancy via email from your UCR account. This lets us verify you are part of the UCR community.
- Tuesday Talks - discussion groups every Tuesday, 5pm
- Humpday Happenings - guest speakers every Wednesday, 5pm
- Trans Group - supportive discussions every week, Thursday, 3pm
- BlaqOUT Group - supportive discussions every Friday, 5pm
- Megan's Virtual Office Hours - times vary
- Brunch Breaks with LGBTRC Student Assistants – Monday–Friday, 11am–noon
- Virtual Lounge Hours with LGBTRC Student Assistants – Monday–Friday evenings
UCR Undergraduate Students - http://lists.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/lgbtrc-ungr
UCR Graduate Students - http://lists.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/lgbtrc-grad
Student Organizations Now Meeting via ZoomConnect with student-led LGBTQ+ organizations:
- Ace of Clubs
- Drag Club
- Health Queers
- Kink Club
- La Familia
- Queer Alliance
- Queer Association of APIs
- Queer Graduate Student Association
- Queer Trans People of Color
You can connect directly with student groups by sending an email via Highlander Link:
Step 1 – Go to highlanderlink.ucr.edu.
Step 2 – Type in what you are looking for (like "Queer" or "Health") or even search by volunteer organizations.
Step 3 – Select the organization you want to reach.
Step 4 – Select "contact" and send that organization an email.
Download Our Smart Phone App
You can download the UCR Guide app on your smartphone to learn all about the LGBT Resource Center at UCR!
Students Can Update SOGI Demographic Info and Use a Lived/Preferred Name On Campus
- Update your optional demographic info about sexual orientation and gender identity in your student record using R'Web self-serve.
- Add/update a lived/preferred name in your student record using R'Web self-serve.
- Use your lived/preferred name in your R'Mail email address.
UCR Land Acknowledgement
We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our responsibility to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, and air: the Cahuilla [ka-wee-ahh], Tongva [tong-va], Luiseño [loo-say-ngo], and Serrano [se-ran-oh] peoples and all of their ancestors and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this meeting place is home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, including UCR faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the opportunity to live and work on these homelands.
Download and read the full Land Acknowledgement from UCR Native American Student Programs.