LGBT Resource Center
Welcome to the LGBT Resource Center
Established in 1993, the LGBT Resource Center provides support, education, and advocacy regarding sexual orientation and gender identity/expression for the UC Riverside community and beyond.
Join Us for Weekly Programming Online
The center has moved to online programming and support due to the COVID-19 campus closure. Join our E-newsletter for zoom links. In addition to special events featured in our Calendar, we offer weekly supportive spaces:
- Tuesday Talks – discussions with unique topics every Tuesdays, 5pm.
- Trans Group – supportive discussions every Thursday, 3pm.
- BlaqOUT Group – supportive discussions every Friday, 5pm.
- Megan's Virtual Office Hours – times vary.
- Virtual Lounge Hours with LGBTRC Student – Monday–Friday evenings.
News Headlines - Learn More
- Subscribe to our E-newsletter!
- New Presidential Policy on Gender Recognition and Lived Name will bring changes to gender identity policies and procedures over next 3 years.
- Updates & Resources for Trans-Related health care under the Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP).
- Info on UC Transgender and Nonbinary Health Benefits for Employee.
- Tutorials on Using Lived/Preferred Names Online and On Campus.
- Students Can Update SOGI Demographic Info and Use a Lived/Preferred Name On Campus.
- Download Our Smart Phone App.
UCR Land Acknowledgement
We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our responsibility to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, and air: the Cahuilla [ka-wee-ahh], Tongva [tong-va], Luiseño [loo-say-ngo], and Serrano [se-ran-oh] peoples and all of their ancestors and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this meeting place is home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, including UCR faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the opportunity to live and work on these homelands.
Download and read the full Land Acknowledgement from UCR Native American Student Programs.