LGBT Resource Center
Welcome to the LGBT Resource Center
Established in 1993, the LGBT Resource Center provides support, education, and advocacy regarding sexual orientation and gender identity/expression for the UC Riverside community and beyond.
Welcome Back, Highlanders!
Get connected to the UCR LGBTQ+ community. For online events, join our E-Newsletter for all the info, including any zoom links for online events. Follow us on social media @ucrlgbtrc
- Change to Lived Name Policy and Proxy Access - If students give their parents or other people Proxy Access to their R'Web account, proxy users will now see Legal Name instead of Lived Name. Students continue to see Lived Name. Learn more about this change by reading the Registrar's announcement.
- LGBTQ+ Staff/Faculty Hour: Online the first Tuesday of the month at noon.
- Shakina Nayfack is featured in UCR Magazine's Alumni Spotlight - Shakina Nayfack talks about her starring role on NBC’s “Connecting...,” trans representation in Hollywood, and how her graduate studies shaped her career.
- Updated Gender Awareness eCourse Launched - A newly improved “Gender Recognition & Lived Name: An introduction to Gender Awareness” eCourse went live August 8. It introduces you to terms and concepts related to gender and nonbinary identities, as well as best practices for name, pronoun, and title usage. Any UCR employee can access the training; UCR students can also set up access to UCR Learning.
- New Gender Health Support information available from Student Health Services & Counseling & Psychological Services/CAPS at UCR, including primary care on campus for HRT - Learn more here
- Newly renovated gender inclusive multi-stall restroom opens at Spieth Hall. Part of a pilot program to expand gender inclusive restrooms across campus, you can read more here.
- Check out our 2022-23 Year In Review Infographic!
- Continuing in Winter Quarter:
- Tuesday Talks: Join a supportive discussion series hosted in the LGBTRC at 245 Costo Hall at 5pm, with new topics every week. Share your thoughts or simply listen to other folks.
- Trans Group meets every Thursday at 2pm. Facilitated by a staff member, this group is for transgender and nonbinary UCR students to gather for mutual support, discussion, and sharing of resources. To learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BlaqOUT Discussion Group meets every Thursday in the LGBTRC at 245 Costo Hall at 4pm (meeting room). The BlaqOUT Discussion Group is for same-gender-loving, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or questioning students who identity as Black/African American or of African descent. The group offers a space to come together and discuss community and life issues as well as shared experiences.
- Queer Cinema Nights are facilitated by a student every Friday at 6pm in the LGBTRC at 245 Costo Hall. Students begin gethering at 5:30pm.
- Check out the UCR Trans Guide, recently updated.
UCR Land Acknowledgement
We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our responsibility to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, and air: the Cahuilla [ka-wee-ahh], Tongva [tong-va], Luiseño [loo-say-ngo], and Serrano [se-ran-oh] peoples and all of their ancestors and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this meeting place is home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, including UCR faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the opportunity to live and work on these homelands.
Download and read the full Land Acknowledgement from UCR Native American Student Programs.