College opens a door to a brand new life; let us be the first to welcome you to it. Since 2005, our Q-Camp has served as an orientation to campus life for new and returning LGBT students and their allies. It takes place the first Sunday of the fall quarter during UCR’s Welcome Week. Both undergraduate and graduate students gather at Pentland Hills for a fun afternoon with peers, student organization leaders, and LGBT Resource Center staff.
If you come to Q-Camp, you can:
- "Speed chat" to get to know other students and introduce yourself quickly
- Listen to a student panel that answers the tough and outrageous questions
- Connect with our great student organizations
- Learn about our enlightening discussion groups
- Meet our helpful Peer Connections mentors
- Learn more about our annual events including the Coming Out Monologues, Dragalicious Drag Ball, and Pride Prom.
- Eat food. Lots of food. Be a Q-camper.
Please contact us if you have any questions.