LGBTQIA Student Leadership Scholarship
The UC Riverside LGBTQIA Student Leadership Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate and graduate students based on academic achievement, personal merit, and their contributions to the LGBTQIA community. The scholarship was founded to award exceptional student leadership in the UCR lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and allies community.
UCR will select up to 2 student recipients, who will each receive $500 scholarships.
To be eligible for the LGBTQIA Student Leadership Scholarship, the applicant must meet these requirements:
- Be a full time undergraduate or graduate student at the University of
California, Riverside, of any sexual
orientation or gender identity.
- Be in good academic standing (with preference given to applicants with a 3.00 cumulative GPA on a 4.00 scale).
- Be enrolled at least half-time at UCR next Fall.
- Be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- Extensive involvement with the on-campus LGBTQIA community.
- Concern for LGBTQIA issues e.g. issues of lesbians, gays, bisexuals,
transgender persons, queer people of color,
and general LGBTQIA political issues.
- Complete this online form by the deadline posted on the LGBT Resource Center's website, www.out.ucr.edu.
- A scholarship selection committee of staff, faculty, and students will choose up to 2 scholarship recipients.
- Awardees will be announced at this Spring's Lambda Celebration.
- Funds will be transferred to the Student Business Account(s) for next Fall.
Questions may be directed to Nancy Tubbs, Director of the LGBT Resources Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (951) 827-2267.