Parents & Family
WE KNOW YOU CARE
We want the parents and family members of our LGBT and allies community to know that UCR is a welcoming and exciting place for all students.
Use our site to access books and resources designed for families, find guidance during a family member’s coming-out process and check out all the ways UCR and LGBTRC will support your student.
- Connect to family resources with the Family section on our topics page. It features select books, websites and supportive organizations.
- If you have a family member who just came out to you, you may want to read, “When a Friend Comes Out.”
- Explore the many ways UCR’s campus is a welcoming place for the LGBT and allies community
- Learn about our Allies Safe Zone Program. This network of UCR students, faculty and staff is one hundred percent there for your child or relative.
- Learn about scholarships, internships and financial support available for your student.
- Learn more about how the LGBT Resource Center can enrich your student’s life.
- If you have a LGBT high school student, they may want to attend QA'a Pride Prom outreach event.